Air Conditioner Repair & Installation
Keeping it cool during the summer takes more than just a laid-back attitude, it takes a great air conditioning system. Without properly functioning air conditioning summer days spent indoors can be nearly unbearable.
We are here to help with all of your air conditioner repair and installation needs. Let our talented HVAC experts make sure your home is comfortable, even when it’s sweltering outside. We will keep you clued in every step of the way, ensuring that you know why your cooling system broke, how it works, and how to make sure it runs well from now on.
We can help you if you have any of the following problems…
Common Air Conditioner Problems
- Refrigerant is leaking: Your air conditioner contains refrigerant which absorbs heat from the surrounding air. However, refrigerant is liable to leak, and a leaking AC can leave you without cool air. If you need repairs for a leaking air conditioner, we can help.
- Electronic controls are failing: If you have an air conditioner that won’t turn on, or a conditioner that won’t turn off, its electronic components may be going haywire. You may also have an issue with your thermostat. Regardless, we can troubleshoot your AC system’s electronic components, and fix the problem at hand.
- Sensor is encountering problems: If the sensor of your thermostat isn’t calibrated properly, it can cause your air conditioner to kick on prematurely, or it can mean that your air conditioner doesn’t turn on at all.
- Drainage is inadequate: Your air conditioner produces condensation. As such, it requires adequate drainage to ensure that it isn’t damaged by water retention. If you don’t have adequate drainage, we can install a drainage solution that suits your AC, its size, and the space where it sits.
- Home has warm air leaking in: If your home isn’t properly insulated, you’re losing precious cool air to the elements. We can inspect the ductwork of your home, where your air conditioner attaches to your home, and the rest of the envelope of your home to see where air is leaking in. It’s our goal to improve the comfort of your home, to reduce the amount of use your AC gets, to improve your energy bill, and to extend the life of your air conditioner.
- Registers are dirty or blocked: Your vent registers should be completely clear to keep the air flowing into the rooms of your home. Unfortunately, dust can pile up, and obstructions can choke your air supply.
- Outside fan is improperly functioning: Your outdoor fan blows hot air away from the air conditioning unit. This component is essential to keep the condenser coil cool as it supplies cool air to your home. If your outside fan isn’t working, your AC is losing some of its cooling power.
- Coils are frozen: Your condenser coils are liable to freeze if there isn’t enough air flowing through the coil. On top of that, condenser coils can be damaged if they freeze through. Normally, your coils should just produce condensation, at most, which should drip away from your air conditioner unit. If you notice a problem with your condenser, you can count on Owen AC services.
- Compressor fan is broken: The compressor fan is responsible for pushing cooled air from the compressor into your home. That means that if you have a broken fan, you’ll be out of cold air. Beyond that, if your fan is broken, your coils can freeze over and cause more damage, so we’ll need to shut off your air conditioner as soon as you notice a problem.
- Air ducts are leaking: If you have air ducts that were poorly installed, or air ducts that have shifted as your home has settled, your ductwork could have cracks that let your cool air leak out. If you notice leaky air ducts, or you suspect that your ductwork is leaking, we can inspect it and seal any ducts that aren’t up to par.
To schedule an appointment or find out more, call us today. We look forward to hearing from you.
Want more for less? Try our VIP maintenance program. As a VIP, you’ll enjoy:
- One annual heating tune-up
- One annual air conditioning tune-up
- A 15-percent discount on all repairs
- No overtime charges
- Extended equipment life
- Peace of mind for you and your family