Staying cool all summer requires a properly working air conditioning system. When your equipment breaks down, you can count on Owen AC Services to get the house comfortable again. Our trained and certified technicians offer AC repair and replacement in Kingwood and North Houston to provide the right method for resolving any problem.
If your AC unit won’t start or the house is uncomfortable, call (281) 374-1444 for AC repair or replacement.
If your air conditioner isn’t working right, you may wonder when to repair or replace the system. This is the first question our customers usually ask when a technician arrives for a repair call. The best way to restore your cooling depends on the reason it’s not working and the age of the system.
AC replacement may be recommended for a unit that is:
- More than 10 years old
- Needing an expensive repair
- Always breaking down
- Using R-22 freon
- Causing hot and cold spots in the house
- Not properly sized
- Responsible for rising utility bills
Your HVAC technician will conduct an inspection to assess the condition of your system and make recommendations.
When to call for repair isn’t always obvious, especially if the system is running but the house still isn’t comfortable. If your home is not cool enough, the vents are blowing warm air, or the house feels humid, it’s best to have an experienced technician take a look.
Our HVAC technicians offer reliable repair services for:
- Refrigerant leaks: The refrigerant in the air conditioning system absorbs heat from the air to cool your home. If the refrigerant is leaking, you may not have sufficient cooling, and repairing the leak is necessary to restore comfort.
- Malfunctioning parts: When the problem is caused by a worn out or damaged part, such as a motor, fan, evaporator coil, condenser coil, or compressor, the AC can be restored by replacing the malfunctioning part.
- Electronic controls: The electronic components, electric terminals, and connections can be responsible for problems with the system turning on or off.
- Drainage problems: Adequate drainage is necessary for discharging the condensation that is produced by the air conditioning system. If the condensate drain lines become clogged or there isn’t sufficient drainage, your technician can provide the best drainage solution for your system.
- Thermostat: Some home cooling problems are actually caused by an issue with the thermostat. If there is a problem with a sensor or the thermostat isn’t properly calibrated, it can affect your indoor comfort.
Another cause of cooling problems that is not directly related to your AC unit is warm air getting inside the house. The warm air leaking in can be caused by insufficient insulation, a problem with your ductwork, or issues with where the air conditioning enters the house.
How Long Do Air Conditioners Last?
Air conditioners can last between 15 to 20 years with proper maintenance. Regular tasks like cleaning or replacing filters, checking coils, ensuring airflow, and professional inspections help extend their lifespan. Window units and portable air conditioners usually last around 10 to 15 years. If your unit starts breaking down frequently or operating inefficiently, replacing it may be more cost-effective than repairs.
Call for an Appointment
If your air conditioning system is not keeping the house comfortable or won’t turn on, Owen AC Services is here to help with AC repair and replacement in Kingwood, TX. We provide reliable advice, expert workmanship backed by decades of experience, and flat-rate prices on all services.
Give us a call at (281) 374-1444 for help with any air conditioning problem.
“Robert Owen and his assistant were polite, quick to get to the problem, and thorough in explaining.”Cat S.