What is Ductless?
In contrast to massive, conventional heating and cooling systems, ductless are more compact and straightforward, not to mention aesthetically appealing and cost-effective.
Single-zone systems consist of an outdoor and indoor unit. The outdoor unit can handle up to 8 single units at a time and comes in a variety of styles.
Energy Efficiency – Ductless vs Ductwork
An electric ductless system continuously regulates itself by maintaining a steady, comfortable indoor climate. The temperature you set is the temperature you get!
Ductless cooling and heating systems are reversible, two-way heat pumps that simply take heat energy from one place and move it to another by compressing and expanding refrigerant.
- Outdoor unit: connects to the indoor unit by a small bundle of cables, including a refrigerant line. The unit is placed outside of the home on ground level.
- Indoor unit: mounted on a centrally located wall. One ductless system is enough to heat and cool an average-sized home.
- Remote control: allows occupants to adjust the settings for maximum efficiency, comfort and control.
Single Zone and Multi Zone
One indoor unit connected to an outdoor unit provides individual comfort control to a single defined space in your home.
Individually control up to eight zones in your home from one outdoor unit for ideal personalized comfort.
Common applications for your home include:
- Home Additions
- Home Remodel/Renovation
- Enclosed Patios
- Homes without space for ductwork
- Older homes with no existing ductwork
- Larger, multi-room living spaces
- Large Kitchens or Bathrooms
- Whole home updates, replacements or new builder construction where zoned/personalized comfort is desired
“We will use them again as needed.”Susan P.